Designers Offered Opportunity to Test Next Generation 3D Hybrid Modeling.
GUANGZHOU, China - ZWSOFT (ZWCAD Software Co., Ltd.), a supplier of 2D and 3D CAD/CAM software, announced availability of the beta program for their forthcoming ZW3D 2011 software.
Users are invited to download the beta of ZW3D 2011 from zw3d.zwcad.org. It will provide mechanical engineers and designers a fresh opportunity to test the latest productivity-enhancing features developed by ZWSOFT. The beta program closes May 1, with the software scheduled to ship at the end of May.
Users are encouraged to complete a survey on the ZW3D 2011 beta at http://zw3d.zwcad.org/Survey_ZW3D_2011_Beta.php.
New in ZW3D 2011
This latest beta version of ZW3D 2011 offers users the following new features:
SmoothFlowTM Direct Edit design paradigm combines the speed and flexibility of direct modeling with the precise control of dimension-driven design -- without losing the functionality of history-based modeling. SmoothFlow lets you modify features quickly and effectively on native and imported geometry without waiting for history regeneration.
Automatic 3D Feature Machining breaks down part topology into solid features, and then analyzes the capabilities of library tools to produce efficient machining plans. This breakthrough technology shortens programming by an estimated 50%, and reduces machine cycle times by up to 30%.
QuickEdit with SmartPick presents users with context-sensitive editing tools based on the geometry selected. No longer is there a need to preselect editing tools. In addition, ZW3D now edits imported data as if they are native objects.
One-Step Core & Cavity Calculator creates both cores and cavities for mold designs in one operation.
Integrated PartSolutions Library accesses a huge catalog of parts in ANSI, DIN, ISO, JIS, and a dozen other international standards.
Free Upgrade Program
Since December 10, 2010, customers purchasing ZW3D 2010 or existing VX customers who pay the upgrade fee for ZW3D 2010 may receive a free upgrade to the corresponding edition of ZW3D 2011 once it begins shipping in May. Details on this free upgrade program are available at zw3d.zwcad.org/2011_free_upgrade.php.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel