The UK’s newly-appointed Minister for Trade & Investment, Lord Green, visited CADCAM developer Delcam on 2nd March. He attended the Aerospace Opportunities 2011 event being held at the company’s Birmingham headquarters and took the opportunity to tour the site.
The event, which was organised by UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) in partnership with the Midlands Aerospace Alliance and the Enterprise Europe Network, was attended by more than 20 buyers from across the world, all looking to do business with West Midlands companies. Companies taking part included Rolls Royce, Aerotech Peissenberg, Lufthansa Technik and Hispano-Suiza.
Following his visit, Lord Green praised the dynamism of West Midlands companies, highlighting the success of firms like Delcam. "I find that, when you look at companies like Delcam, you see real excellence,” he commented.
"With these companies, we have a great deal of talent in a lot of industry sectors in the UK and we are starting from a position of strength,” he added. "The advanced engineering sector, in particular, is a good example of an area where there are thousands of SMEs in the supply chain, which are exporting overseas and winning business in growing markets.”
Delcam hosted the event after working successfully with UKTI to build its international business. The company now has more than 35,000 customers in over 90 countries and receives around 85% of its turnover from outside the UK.
"UKTI has been very supportive of our drive to increase our sales globally,” commented Delcam Marketing Manager, Peter Dickin. "We have taken part in UKTI events in Europe, in North and South America, and in Asia. We were very happy to let the organisation use our conference facilities for this event as a small thank you for the help we have received over recent years.”
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel