Certification validates Vector Software's embedded software testing products for safety related applications.
Providence, RI - Vector Software, a provider of automated software testing applications for embedded systems, announced today that TÜV SÜD Rail GmbH has certified the VectorCAST embedded software testing suite for customers developing software to the IEC 61508 and ISO 26262 standards.
TÜV SÜD Rail GmbH, an international service corporation focusing on consulting, testing, certification and training, assessed the VectorCAST tools for dynamic testing with respect to functional safety. The TÜV SÜD assessment and resulting tool qualification of the Vector Software products, offer safety related development organizations the required evidence to demonstrate compliance with IEC 61508 and ISO 26262.
The VectorCAST family of products is a set of co-operating tools for test automation in the development of embedded software applications. VectorCAST/C++, VectorCAST/Cover, and VectorCAST/Manage supports automated test execution for unit- and integration testing, test coverage analysis, and the management of test projects.
“We are pleased that VectorCAST is now a TÜV SÜD certified product, said William McCaffrey, Chief Operating Officer at Vector Software, Inc. “This TÜV SÜD certification reinforces the quality and reliability of our products as we continue to invest in supporting the safety standards that are being used by our customers.“
IEC-61508 is the international standard developed by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) governing functional safety of programmable electronic systems commonly used by regulatory bodies for safety certification of industrial control, automation and automotive systems.
ISO 26262 is a Functional Safety standard, titled "Road vehicles -- Functional safety". The standard is an adaptation of the Functional Safety standard IEC 61508 for Automotive Electric/Electronic Systems. Part 6 of this standard addresses the recommendations for software testing and verification as part of the standard for software development.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program