Missler Software will exclusively present the new, updated version of TopSolid’Cam at the Turning Days Fair in Villingen-Schwenningen.
Evry, France – Missler Software will exclusively present the new, updated version of TopSolid’Cam at the Turning Days Fair in Villingen-Schwenningen on stand E21. This new version will be launched at the end of February 2011 on the market.
TopSolid’Cam is a Cam solution which determines tool paths for numerically controlled machines including milling machines, lathes and machining centres. TopSolid’Cam 2010 facilitates the design and modification of symmetrical parts, the simultaneous edition of cutting conditions of several parts and now manages the parallel processing of multi-core processor calculations which enable users to dramatically reduce calculation times.
Management of symmetrical parts
In mechanical engineering it is fairly common to have to produce a right and left hand part. It is evident that the operator does not want to reprogram the left hand part when he has already programmed the right hand part. However, it is not enough to make the machining operations symmetrical. The user needs to ensure he is using climbing cutting (as opposed to conventional cutting) on the right hand and left hand part. TopSolid’Cam’s functions to create symmetrical parts ensure that the correct cutting direction is maintained.
Changing cutting conditions
TopSolid’Cam 2010 manages the modification, in 1 click, of the cutting conditions of several operations, notably rotation speeds and advance speeds. Thus the user can edit the cutting conditions after the event without having to edit the cutting operations themselves or without necessarily having detailed knowledge of TopSolid’Cam programming.
Faster and more efficient
Thanks to the possibility to carry out parallel calculations with the new multi-core processors TopSolid’Cam 2010 offers dramatically reduced calculation times (a reduction of 50-75% depending on the number of cores) notably in 3-5 axis operations which require a lot of power.
A new control during the simulation process now permits swiss turning machines to be better managed. Users can now also navigate backwards from the last NC program line simulated. Many other improvements have also been generated via this new control.
- Import and export to and from several CAD solutions to improve the communication and collaboration with CATIA®, IGES, DXF, STEP, SAT, Parasolid
- Surface CAD and integrated volume
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers