Large Manufacturing Organizations Move to Upfront 3D Direct Modeling in SpaceClaim for Better Design Decisions.
Concord, MA: SpaceClaim, the leader in direct modeling software that enables all engineers to work in 3D, marked another year of rapid growth in 2010. Sales tripled, supported by important new customer wins within large manufacturing companies, including Tyco Electronics and LG Electronics.
“SpaceClaim software is enabling a fundamental shift in large engineering organizations,” said Chris Randles, SpaceClaim President and CEO. “We are enabling cross-functional engineering teams to rapidly develop and test new 3D product concepts before committing to costly and expensive detailed design in CAD. While release to CAD is still the usual last step before manufacturing, SpaceClaim is allowing teams to explore and make vital design decisions quicker, faster and with a lower total cost-of-ownership. Engineers are finding that SpaceClaim’s 3D Direct Modeling software is fast, flexible, and CAD-neutral – most importantly, our engineering users are reporting that it is much easier to learn and use than traditional CAD tools. These customer outcomes fueled our very rapid growth in 2010, which was another record year for us. We anticipate similar growth trends in 2011 as we continue to attract more customers, OEMs and resellers.”
With SpaceClaim’s ease of use, flexibility, and compatibility with traditional CAD products, customer sales and engineering teams are leveraging 3D to solve business, engineering and geometry problems. Highlights of 2010 included:
* A 40% year-over-year increase in new customers;
* An OEM agreement with $2.1 billion global manufacturer TRUMPF to make SpaceClaim Engineer as the 3D direct modeling solution for its customers;
* An enhanced version of the ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeler software, the result of an OEM agreement with ANSYS announced in 2009. ANSYS is the world’s largest engineering simulation technology company;
* Expansion of the global reseller network;
* The sixth release of SpaceClaim’s ground-breaking software, meeting the needs of large manufacturers with new levels of design flexibility and strengthened sheet metal capabilities. (The seventh release, SpaceClaim 2011, was release in January of 2011);
* Designation by Gartner, Inc. as a “Cool Vendor” in product design and lifecycle management.
SpaceClaim is the first software tool designed to enable 3D engineering outside of traditional CAD. By communicating in 3D prior to release to CAD, engineers can capture knowledge that drives better design decisions, focus on value and eliminate unnecessary specifications, and move the design to CAD only when success is assured. Engineering-driven product development with SpaceClaim shortens time-to-market, creates stronger innovation, and improves customer satisfaction.
Mar 9, 2011
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel