Offers 3-D 'to scale' elevator and escalator models.
MORRISTOWN, N.J. - Schindler Elevator Corporation has added the Schindler 400A® MRL traction elevator for mid-rise buildings to its Building Information Modeling (BIM) software offering.
From Schindler’s website, architects, specifiers, general contractors and others in the building design and construction industry in the U.S. and Canada can access links to create three-dimensional, real-time, dynamic BIM models for the Schindler 400A in addition to the Schindler 9300® AE escalator and Schindler 330A™ elevator for low-rise buildings. Three-dimensional models for the Schindler 7000® custom elevator for high-rise buildings can also be produced with assistance from a company representative.
With BIM, users can create 3-D “to scale” elevator and escalator models which can be viewed from any angle, helping to identify any issues with the interface to the building or other building systems early on in the design phase. This will result in fewer errors or omissions which will help reduce change orders and improve quality.
“There is growing enthusiasm for BIM in the industry and usage is expected to increase rapidly in the next few years,” said Michael Landis, vice president, Marketing for Schindler. “In the meantime, Schindler will continue to expand its product offerings in BIM.”
In addition to BIM, Schindler customers also benefit from the company’s online My Schindler™ e-tools which provide around-the-clock access to drawings, specifications, service activities, performance history and project schedules:
* SchindlerDraw® and SchindlerSpec®: Create job-specific scale drawings and ready-to-use specifications for elevators, escalators and moving walks online. With no software to download, all drawings and specifications can be saved, edited or downloaded from the user’s personal, customized Project Center to manage projects online.
* Schindler Customer Clock™ offers email notifications of milestone events. Using Customer Clock, contractors and developers can securely review job schedules and instantly track the progress of any Schindler job.
* Schindler Customer Score Card™ features an easy–to–use navigation system to provide access to customer information in real time on a variety of events relating to elevator performance and maintenance activities in customers’ buildings.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012