More than $65,000 in student scholarships awarded since contest inception.
MINNEAPOLIS — Dimension 3D Printing, a brand of Stratasys Inc, today announced the finalists in its seventh annual Extreme Redesign 3D Printing Challenge.
The contest challenges students worldwide to submit their innovative designs, whether an entirely original concept, a new perspective on an existing product, or a work of art, animation or architecture. A list of finalists is available online at the Extreme Redesign section of the Dimension website.
Dimension 3D Printing will again award the top three students $2,500 or $1,000 scholarships in the categories of High School Engineering, College Engineering, and Art & Architecture. Designs will be evaluated based on creativity, usefulness, part integrity and aesthetics. Instructors of the three first-place student winners will receive a laptop computer for use in the classroom. Since the contest began seven years ago, more than $65,000 in scholarships has been awarded to students.
In addition to the above mentioned categories, this year’s contest will feature two bonus award categories in which students may compete for $250. The first bonus category asks students to create a fresh design twist on an existing building or bridge. The second bonus category challenges students to create an intriguing puzzle or game.
From the ten finalists in each category, a panel of independent judges from industry and the engineering media will select the winners this spring. This year’s judges are Al Dean, Editor at Develop3D magazine, David Mantey, Editor at Product Design & Development magazine, Ian Kovacevich, VP of Engineering at Enventys, LLC and Patrick Gannon Engineering Manager at rp+m (a Thogus partner).
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012