GENT, Belgium - Remedent (Gent, Belgium), a global leader in porcelain veneers and teeth whitening solutions for the cosmetic dental industry, announced today that it has teamed up with Objet Geometries (Rehovot, Israel), the innovation leader in 3D printing for rapid prototyping and additive manufacturing, to enhance the fabrication process for dental veneer try-ins and delivery guides using Objet's 3D printing solutions.
Using Objet 3D printing solutions, Remedent is able to create temporary clip-on veneers, also known as 'Try in Smile', allowing patients to realistically evaluate how their final ceramic veneers will look and feel before the order is placed.
"Using the Objet Eden 3D printing solution, Remedent is now able to rapidly manufacture high quality customized veneer models and delivery trays directly from their proprietary design software," said Avi Cohen, Head of Medical Solutions at Objet Geometries. "Objet's 3D printing solutions provide dentists with a high level of precision that is otherwise difficult to achieve using traditional freehand dental techniques. The ability to perfectly reproduce smooth, finely detailed dental parts in real life; straight from the CAD design imagery represents a significant leap towards the age of full digital dentistry."
Guy De Vreese, Chairman and CEO of Remedent NV commented, "3D printing technology taps a multi-billion dollar market potential by making the production of dental veneers less traumatic, less expensive and less time-consuming for patients, as well as simpler and more profitable for dentists. By leveraging the capabilities of Objet's 3D printing solutions worldwide, we can now expand our digital dentistry offering and satisfy the needs of more customers requesting digitally designed veneers."
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012