OPEN CASCADE decides to adopt Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel TBB) to multi-thread its Open CASCADE Technology libraries.
This solution has proven to be not only effective, but also extremely easy to implement – the code changes necessary to use Intel TBB are localized in a couple of classes and leave the code looking natural and elegant.
Using Intel TBB helped OPEN CASCADE to improve the performance and scalability of their application. Intel TBB was also easier than other solutions to implement because it is available on all of the platforms that Open CASCADE Technology supports.
By using a proven technology from an industry leader OPEN CASCADE was able to continue focusing on its core competence (CAD/CAM/CAE, numerical simulation, and PLM) without becoming experts in software parallelism.
Moreover, this solution is future-proof: algorithms that make use of Intel TBB will continue to scale automatically when upgrading to new multicore systems.
By integrating Intel TBB into its numerical simulation platform, OPEN CASCADE reinforces its relationship with Intel that started in 2008 when OPEN CASCADE joined the Intel® Parallel Studio beta program. OPEN CASCADE has used a variety of Intel Parallel Studio components from Intel TBB to tools to check for correctness and tune performance of its code – Intel® Parallel Inspector and Intel® Parallel Amplifier.
Mar 16, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012