OPEN CASCADE decides to adopt Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel TBB) to multi-thread its Open CASCADE Technology libraries.
This solution has proven to be not only effective, but also extremely easy to implement – the code changes necessary to use Intel TBB are localized in a couple of classes and leave the code looking natural and elegant.
Using Intel TBB helped OPEN CASCADE to improve the performance and scalability of their application. Intel TBB was also easier than other solutions to implement because it is available on all of the platforms that Open CASCADE Technology supports.
By using a proven technology from an industry leader OPEN CASCADE was able to continue focusing on its core competence (CAD/CAM/CAE, numerical simulation, and PLM) without becoming experts in software parallelism.
Moreover, this solution is future-proof: algorithms that make use of Intel TBB will continue to scale automatically when upgrading to new multicore systems.
By integrating Intel TBB into its numerical simulation platform, OPEN CASCADE reinforces its relationship with Intel that started in 2008 when OPEN CASCADE joined the Intel® Parallel Studio beta program. OPEN CASCADE has used a variety of Intel Parallel Studio components from Intel TBB to tools to check for correctness and tune performance of its code – Intel® Parallel Inspector and Intel® Parallel Amplifier.
Mar 16, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel