ANAHEIM, Calif - The aerospace industry’s unrelenting need to enhance the performance of commercial and military aircraft is constantly driving the development of improved high-performance structural materials.
Composites, made of various types of strong fibers in a resin matrix, will be a key topic at AeroDef Manufacturing Exposition and Conference, April 5–7, 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, Calif.
AeroDef, the first vertically integrated aerospace and defense manufacturing event, will address the challenges facing OEMs in an environment of budget cutting. Senior executives from the OEMs will discuss how they plan to encourage innovation in the supply chain through identifying suppliers with new ideas, new processes and improvements in materials.
More than 12 sessions will address the latest research and application of composites.
Advanced Composite Manufacturing
“3-D Woven Preform Joints and Co-bond Processes and Tooling”
Stephen Parsons, PE, Lockheed Martin Fellow, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
“Cured Laminate Compensation for Composite Part Thickness Control”
Mike Hestness, Applications Engineer, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
Ed Lugo, Manufacturing Technology Applications, Mgr., Northrop Grumman
“Composite Processing for the F-35”
Jeff Langevin, Applications Engineer, Process Lead, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
“Optimization of Process and Tool Selection for the Machining of Fiber Reinforced Plastics”
Kevin McCall, Composites Product and Application Specialist, Sandvik Coromant
Advanced Composite Materials
“Recent Developments in Composite Materials and Manufacturing at Cytec Engineered Materials”
Speaker TBD, Cytec Engineered Materials
“Introducing Xycomp DLF Thermoplastic Composite Material”
Fernando Torres, Group Leader, Greene Tweed
“Carbon Bismaleimide (BMI) Tooling for 350° and 440° F”
Bob Vale, Manufacturing Engineer, Northrop Grumman
“Shape Memory Polymer (SMP) Tooling: An ECS Duct Case Study”
Thomas Margraf, Director of Engineering, Smart Tooling
“RAPID Airframe Design and Assembly Approach”
Brent Meredith, Manufacturing Technology Engineer, Northrop Grumman
Out-of-Autoclave Composite Processes
“Advanced Vacuum Bagging for Large Out-of-Autoclave Structures”
William Louder, Manufacturing Technology, Northrop Grumman
“Out-of-Autoclave Material: Challenges and Opportunities for Aerospace Transition”
Doug Decker, Technical Fellow, Northrop Grumman
A full schedule of sessions at AeroDef can be found at aerodefevent/sessions.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel