Tolland, CT – CNC Software, Inc., manufacturer of Mastercam CAD/CAM software, announces the 2011 Mastercam Innovator of the Future (IOF) national competition. This competition entices students with a real-world manufacturing challenge, celebrity judge, and a chance to win a scholarship. The competition also provides instructors with a powerful motivational tool to get students excited about learning CAD/CAM and the manufacturing process.
For the 2011 competition, students are challenged to design and machine a working guitar capo. Winners will be selected based on several criteria including accuracy, creativity, and cleanliness of the part among other criteria.
The Celebrity Judge
The 2011 IOF competition will be judged by Mark Summers, the co-founder and current president of CNC Software, Inc. Mark’s combined interests in machining and guitars—he has been playing guitar for over 20 years—makes him a great judge of both functionality and manufacturing skills.
Everyone who enters the competition receives an exclusive Mastercam IOF shirt. The student who creates the winning entry will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to the school of their choice. In addition, the winner and their Mastercam instructor will receive a trip to Tolland, Connecticut to tour the CNC Software world headquarters. Mastercam IOF recognition plaques will go to both the winner and their school. The winner’s instructor will also receive a limited edition Mastercam IOF polo shirt.
All entries to the Mastercam 2011 IOF competition are subject to the following requirements:
• The part must be programmed with a licensed copy of Mastercam software.
• The part must have a professional look and remain consistent with the theme industry standards.
• The part must adhere to the specifications.
• Tell us the story behind your part entry; the inspiration for its design, materials used, etc.
• Include photos of you holding the part, your instructor, the school lab, and the CNC machine. Electronic files are preferred.
• The entry must consist of one finished, unpainted part.
• All entries become the property of CNC Software, Inc. Parts cannot be returned.
• All designs become the property of CNC Software, Inc.
• All entries and completed entry forms must be received by May 31, 2011.
• Send entries to CNC Software, Inc., Educational Division, 5717 Wollochet Drive NW, Gig Harbor, WA 98335. (Please e-mail email@example.com to let us know when to expect your entry).
• While we welcome past winners to submit entries, past winners are not eligible to win the grand prize.
For more information on the 2011 Mastercam Innovator of the Future competition including the entry form and part specifications, please visit www.mastercam.com/iof.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments