IIT Kharagpur students for their work on control system for unmanned air vehicles have been awarded during “Avionics and Defence Electronics Summit” at Bangalore.
Bangalore – Mahindra Satyam today announced the winners of the first “Mahindra Satyam Aerospace Young Engineer Awards 2010”. This was a prestigious and first of its kind initiative in India which witnessed participation from about 60 premier institutions including the Indian Institute of Science, IITs, NITs and other reputed engineering colleges.
Out of a total of 160 abstract submissions in the field of structures, avionics, control systems and aerodynamics; the project work on “Low cost attitude control system for small fixed wing unmanned air vehicles” presented by Tanmay Kumar Mandal, GS Vimal and Himanshu Shukla of IIT Kharagpur was selected for the award. Also, two teams from Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram were given the first and second runner up awards for their presentation in Avionics and Aerodynamics respectively.
Commenting on this initiative, Karthikeyan Natarajan, Global Head, Integrated Engineering Solutions, Mahindra Satyam said “We have experienced the huge potential that exists in the coming generation of aerospace engineers. The timing is just perfect when India as a region is gaining special attention in the global aerospace industry. We shall scale this up and further strengthen this initiative by designing focused programs collaborating with academia, research, industry establishments towards nurturing the aerospace engineering talent in India.”
These awards were given during a joint summit on “Avionics and Defence Electronics” organized with Centre for Military Airworthiness Certification (DRDO laboratories) at the MSDC campus in Bangalore. The workshop brings together the government and private players to a common platform to share their capabilities, requirements and technology challenges in the field of Avionics and Defence Electronics.
Mar 11, 2011
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel