IIT Kharagpur students for their work on control system for unmanned air vehicles have been awarded during “Avionics and Defence Electronics Summit” at Bangalore.
Bangalore – Mahindra Satyam today announced the winners of the first “Mahindra Satyam Aerospace Young Engineer Awards 2010”. This was a prestigious and first of its kind initiative in India which witnessed participation from about 60 premier institutions including the Indian Institute of Science, IITs, NITs and other reputed engineering colleges.
Out of a total of 160 abstract submissions in the field of structures, avionics, control systems and aerodynamics; the project work on “Low cost attitude control system for small fixed wing unmanned air vehicles” presented by Tanmay Kumar Mandal, GS Vimal and Himanshu Shukla of IIT Kharagpur was selected for the award. Also, two teams from Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram were given the first and second runner up awards for their presentation in Avionics and Aerodynamics respectively.
Commenting on this initiative, Karthikeyan Natarajan, Global Head, Integrated Engineering Solutions, Mahindra Satyam said “We have experienced the huge potential that exists in the coming generation of aerospace engineers. The timing is just perfect when India as a region is gaining special attention in the global aerospace industry. We shall scale this up and further strengthen this initiative by designing focused programs collaborating with academia, research, industry establishments towards nurturing the aerospace engineering talent in India.”
These awards were given during a joint summit on “Avionics and Defence Electronics” organized with Centre for Military Airworthiness Certification (DRDO laboratories) at the MSDC campus in Bangalore. The workshop brings together the government and private players to a common platform to share their capabilities, requirements and technology challenges in the field of Avionics and Defence Electronics.
Mar 11, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio