New Package Design and Construction Kit Accelerates Production of Computer-generated 3D Packaging Designs and Visualizations.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif – Luxology© LLC today announced the availability of the Package Design and Construction Kit (PACK), a new collection of over 200 2D and 3D presets, images and assemblies that simplify the creation of a wide variety of open and closed packaging containers. This extensive library of images will accelerate the design and visualization of packages in modo by package designers and computer graphic artists.
With PACK, designers and artists using modo can quickly create a wide variety of bags, wrappers, boxes, bottles, cans, cartons, tubes and tubs. The extensive library of pre-built 3D packages and package components such as seals and box panels within PACK can be easily modified and combined into new re-usable designs. These new designs can then be rendered in modo into high-resolution photorealistic images, replete with realistic materials and applied artwork for a variety of marketing and communication purposes.
“I’m basically using the Kit for all new package models, and upgrading all of my older models with it,” said Gene Dupont, 3D illustrator and package visualizer. “It has gone a long way in streamlining my workflow and makes designing new packages simple and intuitive.”
PACK utilizes morph targets (shape variants pioneered for the media and entertainment industry) to allow an almost infinite variation in package shape and size. For example, by using these built-in shape variants, customers can easily adjust how open a milk container appears or quickly scale the container to be larger at the base for a more pyramidal look. PACK also includes a specialized set of tools that automates repetitive tasks and performs useful functions like measuring the volume of liquid in a bottle or adding thickness to the sides of a package.
“PACK simplifies the creation of a wide variety of open and closed packaging containers and gives users the tools necessary to create designs that are specific to them and their individual needs,” said Brad Peebler, president and co-founder of Luxology. “I have no doubt this new Kit for modo will go a long way in taking package design and visualization to the next level.”
Pricing and Availability
PACK is available immediately at a price of USD $199. The new Kit is for use with the modo 501 software, which can be purchased separately from authorized Luxology resellers or from the Luxology website. To get more information on PACK, learn more about modo and locate a reseller, please visit Luxology’s website at www.luxology.com.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012