LOVELAND, Colo - Longview Advisors, today released the latest edition of its Collaboration & Interoperability Market Report. The Report includes results and analysis from Longview's Sixth Annual Collaboration & Interoperability best practices survey, along with articles on related industry topics.
The free annual publication compiles results from Longview's survey, containing responses from 163 manufacturing professionals in subjects like collaboration practices, data exchange strategies, preferred platforms and formats, 3D data handling and deployment processes, matching tool with requirements, CAD translation effectiveness and other important topics.
The Report also includes a collection of invited papers examining the latest trends, issues and technologies in collaboration and interoperability. Many of the papers are from the most popular speakers at Longview's highly regarded annual Collaboration & Interoperability Congress (CIC), which is held each year in May (www.3DCIC.com). Registration for CIC is now open, with early-bird registrations available for a limited time.
"One of the most revealing facts uncovered in our survey this year is that CAD migration projects have slowed, while switching CAD platforms has really ignited," says David Prawel, CEO of Longview Advisors and Editor of the report. "Companies who decided to upgrade their current CAD systems have fundamentally completed this migration. The bets have been placed. And evidence is emerging that many companies have decided to switch CAD systems. Some CAD vendors have failed to ensure smooth transitions between updates and upgrades, and the users are speaking with their wallets."
The Report is free to the public, available as a PDF from www.longviewadvisors.com
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012