Public Agency for Kuwait’s Government Selects Meridian VAR, Ultimate Solutions, and Prolog software as Project Management System for a US$1Billion Hospital Project.
FOLSOM, Calif - Meridian Systems, the Plan-Build-Operate technology solutions leader for project-based organizations, announced today that Kuwait’s Ministry of Public Works (MPW) has selected Prolog® software to standardize its construction management processes. MPW worked directly with Ultimate Solutions, a Meridian Value Added Reseller (VAR), for configuration, implementation, and customization of Prolog as well as for end-user training. MPW executes a wide range of state projects, including the construction of schools, clinics, hospitals, mosques and government buildings, and the development and maintenance of infrastructure projects like sanitary drainage, water networks, wastewater treatment, roads and highways.
In 2010, Kuwait launched new construction projects valued at approximately US $64 billion. Among those projects is the Jaber Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah Hospital, which will be the largest medical centre in the State of Kuwait and will serve a projected population of 600,000 in the South Surra area. To reduce the risks associated with the four-year, US $1 billion project, MPW needed a project management system that would deliver strong document control, cost control and reporting functions.
“The most important factor when fighting claims is good documentation,” said Ali Nadoom, project engineer, Ministry of Public Works – Kuwait. “We chose Prolog because it will keep our documentation well organized, which could save us a significant amount in claims because we have comprehensive records to support our position in a dispute.”
MPW invited several vendors to demo software. Ultimate Solutions, a Kuwait-based project management consulting firm, teamed up with Meridian to present the Prolog solution. Ultimate Solutions handled the configuration, implementation and customization of Prolog, along with end-user training. The consulting firm tailored Prolog to comply with the government’s rules and regulations and support the internal workflow of MPW project.
“MPW selected Prolog for a very fast-track implementation with the initial functionality going live in just 30 days, with additional capabilities quickly phased in,” said Tahani Al-Daihani, founder and president of Ultimate Solutions. “Despite our tight time frame, we are experiencing unprecedented user acceptance for this new technology.”
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel