PLM Engineering Software Expert to Lead Expansion of Aras Solution Suite.
ANDOVER, Mass – Aras®, the leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced that John Sperling, a recognized expert in PLM software development and integration, has joined the Aras team as Director of Product Management for Engineering Applications. Sperling will lead the expansion of the Aras Solution Suite, focusing on advanced applications such as Systems Engineering, Requirements Management, Mechatronics, Simulation Lifecycle Management, and Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO).
A results-oriented leader with in-depth knowledge of PLM project and program management, software implementation and customization, and user interface design and usability, John Sperling brings over 25 years of experience in engineering and enterprise software development to his role at Aras.
Most recently, Sperling was Director of Product Management for Engineering Collaboration and Enterprise Visualization at Oracle, where he drove strategic product vision, and managed a global development team and network of integration partners to multi-million dollar growth across his product portfolio. Previously, Sperling developed engineering systems, solutions and processes at Boeing and Rockwell International for the Space Shuttle, Space Station, Delta rockets, GPS satellites and a wide range of experimental vehicles.
“We are pleased and excited to welcome John to Aras and the Aras Community,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “John’s expertise in global PLM application development and integration will enable us to deliver even more of the high-value engineering business applications our users want, faster.”
Aras® Customers include Motorola, Rolls-Royce, Freudenberg, Lockheed Martin, Ingersoll Rand, Klöckner Desma, Hi-P and ACCO Brands.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012