PLM Engineering Software Expert to Lead Expansion of Aras Solution Suite.
ANDOVER, Mass – Aras®, the leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced that John Sperling, a recognized expert in PLM software development and integration, has joined the Aras team as Director of Product Management for Engineering Applications. Sperling will lead the expansion of the Aras Solution Suite, focusing on advanced applications such as Systems Engineering, Requirements Management, Mechatronics, Simulation Lifecycle Management, and Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO).
A results-oriented leader with in-depth knowledge of PLM project and program management, software implementation and customization, and user interface design and usability, John Sperling brings over 25 years of experience in engineering and enterprise software development to his role at Aras.
Most recently, Sperling was Director of Product Management for Engineering Collaboration and Enterprise Visualization at Oracle, where he drove strategic product vision, and managed a global development team and network of integration partners to multi-million dollar growth across his product portfolio. Previously, Sperling developed engineering systems, solutions and processes at Boeing and Rockwell International for the Space Shuttle, Space Station, Delta rockets, GPS satellites and a wide range of experimental vehicles.
“We are pleased and excited to welcome John to Aras and the Aras Community,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “John’s expertise in global PLM application development and integration will enable us to deliver even more of the high-value engineering business applications our users want, faster.”
Aras® Customers include Motorola, Rolls-Royce, Freudenberg, Lockheed Martin, Ingersoll Rand, Klöckner Desma, Hi-P and ACCO Brands.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments