Detroit, – i GET IT®, the online self-paced training solution for engineers from Tata Technologies, today announced that “The Fundamentals of Vehicle Design and Packaging” is now available in its exclusive portfolio of online self-paced training for engineers.
“H-Point – The Fundamentals of Car Design and Packaging,” by Stuart Macey, is the definitive reference guide for car designers and automotive engineers, presenting a process for developing vehicles that is underpinned by logic and creativity; organizing packaging standards that apply to automobile and truck design. The material is now available within i GET IT, as a fully self-paced training course, for $50. Macey himself adapted the material from the original reference guide for the web-based format.
"H-Point was written for automotive design students and industry specialists, to provide them with an insight into the advance concept vehicle development process,” said Macey. “With the auto industry in the midst of a technology revolution, starting a concept from a clean sheet has never been more important. This unique material, in this new format, takes the reader through a generic step by step process, starting with product planning, concept ideation and competitive product benchmarking, through to system selection and component packaging.”
Also included, Macey added, is a brief look back in history at the major milestones in vehicle architecture. Viewing the industry from this perspective helps us to understand what drives change and the direction that automotive design may take in the future."
“Offering this industry-leading training course is part of the overall strategy of expanding the i GET IT library to address all of the engineer’s needs.” said Dan Miles, Vice President iPRODUCTS. “Beyond training and skills enhancement, i GET IT offers engineering professionals a full portfolio of courses and engineering support to keep individuals and organizations at the leading edge of industry advancements.”
i GET IT provides engineers in more than 60 countries with a world-class user experience including online training, online technical assistance, and engineering industry news. To preview the new course, visit: www.myigetit.com/vehicle-design.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel