HCL forges new partnerships with eMeter and Tridium to address utilities challenges.
Noida, India - HCL Technologies (HCL) today announced a significant expansion of its smart grid partner ecosystem by forging strategic alliances with two leading data management software firms focused on the smart grid market: eMeter and Tridium. The creation of smart grids includes the modernization and digitization of aging power grids.
These partnerships enable the integration of real-time data management and analytical software with HCL‟s comprehensive suite of services to help utilities transform their existing infrastructure from traditional power grids to smart grids more efficiently. Additionally, the partnerships will further accelerate HCL‟s strategy to become an end-to-end integration services provider to the utilities companies.
According to Pike Research, the smart grid managed services market is expected to become a multi-billion dollar market by 2015. In 2011, the market reached $821 million, a 75 percent growth rate over 2010.
"HCL has made a global commitment to utilities customers in enabling them to address their most pressing challenges by helping them assess and roll-out smart grid programmes in all the major power markets," said Rajeev Sawhney, the Global Head of Public Services for HCL Technologies. "Through the partnerships with these industry leaders, we aim to build on our domain competencies and offer best-in-class smart grid solutions that give our customer maximum value and competitive advantage.
The new HCL partnerships include:
- Working with eMeter, a leader in energy data management, to increase the efficiency of data processing at utilities by providing a more secure, reliable distribution and consumption of energy.
- A partnership with Tridium, a global leader in open platforms, application software frameworks, automation infrastructure technology, energy management and device-to-enterprise integration solutions, to help HCL increase operational efficiency of utilities by building and automating smart energy consumption management and control systems. Tridium‟s Niagara Framework®, a software platform that integrates diverse systems and devices operates in real-time to integrate the diverse building systems of a utility to ensure environmental sustainability.
“eMeter is very excited about working with HCL,” said Lisa Caswell, VP Worldwide Alliances at eMeter. “Together we will be able to showcase the best of both firms and offer a true end-to-end smart grid solution to utilities companies in a very competitive market.”
“The Tridium Niagara Framework is an ideal development platform for HCL that will add another layer of innovation and support to their industry leading smart grid product solutions and turnkey services,” said Marc Petock, Vice President, Global Marketing and Communications, Tridium. “We look forward to helping HCL deliver next-generation smart grid services to their end customers.”
Recognizing that an array of technologies are required to efficiently run a smart grid network, HCL Technologies has identified and partnered with eMeter, Tridium and other companies and is working extensively with each partner in HCL‟s Smart Grid Lab. The HCL Smart Grid Lab assists customers in developing a Smart Grid solution adoption roadmap, identification of best suited solution, collaborating with partners in testing solution models, reducing risk, and meeting time-to-market, etc.
Mar 17, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program