New Delhi: HCL Infosystems today announced the awarding of a prestigious order over Rs. 300 Crores (approx USD $ 66 Million), from Indian Air Force to deploy the Wideband CDMA based Portable Wireless Network covering many Air Force Stations across India.
Indian Air Force has added another feather in its cap by finalising contract for establishing a captive 3G mobile network for its air warriors offering latest value added services using state of art mobile communication technology.
Commenting on the occasion Mr. Rothin Bhattacharyya, Executive Vice President, HCL Infosystems said, “We are honoured to partner with the Indian Air Force in the deployment of this highly efficient state-of-the-art wireless network and congratulate them for their vision in embracing technology to play an active role. This being one of the key wins under our Defence System Integration Practice, further highlights the company’s vast understanding in various industry verticals. Adopting a solution based approach with System Integration the company is today consistently winning various prestigious projects that are going to play an integral role in architecting the future of the country.”
This WCDMA network will be integrated with the Air Force Network (AFNET), deployed earlier by HCL Infosystems, as the backbone connectivity and ensure video interactivity for video calls, cross connectivity with other communication platform like IP-based communication within Air Force Network.
The 3G network will also have transportable mobile base stations for establishing communication with higher echelons even from remote locations in the country. HCL Infosystems will implement the whole project on turnkey basis.
Conversion Rate 1 USD = Rs. 45.26
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel