Santa Fe, New Mexico: A special version of FLOW-3D designed specifically for casting process simulation is now available from Flow Science. FLOW-3D Cast is the latest CFD software to join Flow Science’s product family, which includes FLOW-3D/MP, FLOW-3D ThermoSET, and its flagship software, FLOW-3D.
FLOW-3D Cast features highly-accurate flow and solidification results; dynamic meshing for easy model setup; material libraries for metals, molds, filters and risers; and extensive postprocessing capabilities all accessible from a user interface designed by casting engineers for casting engineers.
“FLOW-3D Cast should help make our highly-accurate simulation tool accessible to a broader spectrum of users, including smaller shops, leading to reduced energy and material waste and increased productivity,” commented Thomas Jensen, President of Flow Science.
Flow Science will showcase FLOW-3D Cast at several upcoming tradeshows, including the American Foundry Society’s 115th Metalcasting Congress on April 5-8, GIFA 2011 in Dusseldorf, Germany on June 28- July 2, and the North American Die Casting Association’s 2011 Die Casting Congress on September 19-21.
The interface for FLOW-3D Cast was initially developed under the trade name ConiferCast at the Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT) and was offered through Flow Science’s international distributors in a few European and Asian territories. Simtech Systems Oy, a spin-off from VTT, has continued and extended the development of the tool (in the process winning an award for most successful technology transfer exploiting research results), and in 2009, signed a cooperation agreement with Flow Science to rename the product FLOW-3D Cast, and roll it out worldwide. FLOW-3D Cast is available in three different versions — “Basic,” “Extended,” and “Advanced”—based on the functionality of the solver, and in several languages.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel