SINGAPORE — FARO Technologies, Inc, the world’s leading provider of portable measurement and imaging solutions, announced the release of their new 3D imaging product line, featuring the FARO 3D Imager AMP.
The FARO 3D Imager AMP is a high performance non-contact 3D imaging system, capable of collecting millions of points in just seconds. Using patented technology, the AMP achieves groundbreaking accuracy on parts, assemblies and tools never before possible.
The AMP is ideal for parts with complex shapes or large, smooth surfaces due to its ability to measure a large surface area in one shot. With the click of a button, it captures the complete, detailed image of the object within its half-meter field of view. The AMP is the perfect tool for applications in quality control, reverse engineering, and rapid manufacturing.
“We are excited to make this new technology available as a part of our portable measurement and imaging solutions,” stated Jay Freeland, FARO Chief Executive Officer. “But what’s even more exciting is to be able to offer customers a truly affordable, easy-to-use solution for capturing comprehensive data on their parts and tooling. The AMP is an advanced 3D imaging solution that allows us to continue helping customers embrace the types of technology that can make their products and processes more efficient.”
The AMP also offers improved measurement of dark and shiny parts that are often missed by optical systems, and with its portable, rugged, and thermally-stable design, it is right at home on the shop floor or the assembly line.
The key to achieving high accuracy is the AMP’s advanced technology: Accordion Fringe Interferometry (AFI). “AFI uses lasers to generate infinitely focused fringe patterns that are projected onto the part,” said Chuck Pfeffer, FARO Director of Product Management – 3D Imaging. “When the fringes are captured with the AMP’s high resolution camera, a highly accurate point cloud is created, generating a true representation of the object. It is the accuracy of these fringes that sets the AMP apart.”
Mar 3, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012