BURLINGTON – Architects are saving design time, reducing development costs and delivering superior results using 3D printing – a topic they will explore in depth next week at an event hosted by Z Corporation and Microsol Resources in New York City.
3D physical models communicate in ways that 2D drawings and 3D computer renderings cannot match. Attendees will hear why 3D printing has become the hottest trend in architectural design, as well as network with prominent NY-based architects. Tours of the architecturally stunning building at 41 Cooper Square will also be provided.
Z Corporation and Microsol Resources will host the event, called “How Leading Architects Leverage 3D Printing for Smarter, Competitive Design.”
Case study discussions and an interactive Q&A session will feature architects at several famous organizations, including:
* Port Authority of NY & NJ
* Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects
* Andrew Chary Architect
WHAT: 3D printers – devices that can turn 3D data into very-low-cost scale models in hours – enable architects to model early and often, compressing design cycles and showcasing accurate detail. Event attendance will earn 2 hours of AIA Credit.
WHEN: March 15, 2011, from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
The Cooper Union
41 Cooper Square
New York, NY 10003
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel