BURLINGTON – Architects are saving design time, reducing development costs and delivering superior results using 3D printing – a topic they will explore in depth next week at an event hosted by Z Corporation and Microsol Resources in New York City.
3D physical models communicate in ways that 2D drawings and 3D computer renderings cannot match. Attendees will hear why 3D printing has become the hottest trend in architectural design, as well as network with prominent NY-based architects. Tours of the architecturally stunning building at 41 Cooper Square will also be provided.
Z Corporation and Microsol Resources will host the event, called “How Leading Architects Leverage 3D Printing for Smarter, Competitive Design.”
Case study discussions and an interactive Q&A session will feature architects at several famous organizations, including:
* Port Authority of NY & NJ
* Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects
* Andrew Chary Architect
WHAT: 3D printers – devices that can turn 3D data into very-low-cost scale models in hours – enable architects to model early and often, compressing design cycles and showcasing accurate detail. Event attendance will earn 2 hours of AIA Credit.
WHEN: March 15, 2011, from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
The Cooper Union
41 Cooper Square
New York, NY 10003
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets