DP Technology, creator of ESPRIT®, will exhibit ESPRIT 2011, the latest version of its innovative software, at the 12th Annual China International Machine Tool Show, or CIMT, in Beijing, China, April 11-16.
Scheduled to take place at the China International Exhibition Center, the China International Machine Tool Show is a comprehensive event that offers the latest cutting-edge solutions and machine-tool technologies, as well as dynamic educational seminars.
Visitors to CIMT are encouraged to visit ESPRIT at booth No. 102, where knowledgeable DP representatives will be available to discuss vital upgrades and perform demonstrations of how those upgrades can be put to work for you.
New to ESPRIT 2011 are a series of analysis tools — the zebra, porcupine, heat map and toolpath analysis commands —that provide graphic displays for the inspection of solid models and ease in programming.
The ‘Zebra’ command simulates the reflection of long strips of light on a shiny surface, making it easy to spot wrinkles or defects in a surface. The striped display also makes it easier to verify that two adjacent faces are in contact, are tangent, or have continuous curvature. If stripes smoothly connect from one face to another, elements are tangent. This tool can save substantial time and money by enabling the detection of part model imperfection before parts are machined.
The 'Porcupine' command displays normal vectors on faces and surfaces to aid in the visualization of changes in part curvature, which assists with the selection of ideal machining strategies.
The ‘Heat Map’ command displays surfaces rendered in different colors according to the local radius of curvature. This allows users to review minimum and maximum curvatures for the selection of the most appropriate cutting tools.
The 'toolpath analysis' command traces the position of the tool along a selected toolpath to aid in evaluating toolpath smoothness and to examine the quality of point distribution.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012