New release offers enhanced methods for predicting fatigue of welds and effect of manufacturing.
HBM today announced the version 7 release of nCode DesignLife™, a leading solution for CAE fatigue analysis applications. Significant enhancements for predicting fatigue failures of welded structures and several other usability enhancements have been introduced at this release.
nCode DesignLife uses results from leading finite element software and provides several methods for calculating effective structural stresses at each weld location. The techniques are primarily aimed at seam or “MIG” welds used in body and frame automotive structures and other ground vehicle applications. The results from these new methods used in nCode DesignLife have been shown to more accurately reflect observed fatigue failure locations by avoiding unrealistic "hotspots" caused by discontinuities and approximations in the finite element models.
Version 7 of nCode DesignLife also offers enhancements for performing safety factor calculations that account for manufacturing processes in thin sheet components. The significant plastic strains and work hardening that occur during the stamping process can result in considerably improved fatigue strength. "DesignLife now enables us to account for the plastic strain introduced during the manufacture of parts. This improves the accuracy of predicted fatigue safety factors, especially for stamped automotive components" remarks Julien Guyé, responsible for fatigue software at PSA Peugeot Citroën, France. The amount of plastic strain at each location in the finite element model is used to modify the Dang Van material parameters that are used to calculate the safety factor.
A beta release of new capability for multiaxial fatigue analysis is also available at this time. This new capability will be discussed in a free webinar on March 31, 2011. Visit www.ncode.com/webinars to register for this presentation.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012