Win a $20,000 Grand Prize for Game Changing Product Idea.
NEW YORK - The ninth "Create the Future" Design Contest sponsored by Creo – a PTC product, COMSOL, and Tech Briefs Media Group opens today and entries will be accepted through June 30, 2011. The contest is an opportunity to receive global recognition and a cash prize of $20,000 for a breakthrough product idea.
Past contests have generated over 1,000 design ideas annually from engineers, educators and students in more than 50 countries. Previous grand prize winning entries include a wheelchair propulsion system designed to increase the users mobility while decreasing upper body, repetitive stress injuries; a device that makes CPR easy and safe for anyone to perform; a fuel-saving motor/pump for cars and trucks; a low-cost in-vehicle emergency warning system; and a new type of energy-efficient lighting.
The "Create the Future" Design Contest has been responsible for bringing attention to product designs that increase the quality of life, improve the efficiency and quality of healthcare, and help to reduce dependence on non-renewable energy sources.
Additional prizes will also be awarded to the winners in each of the seven entry categories. New for the 2011 contest, an Electronics category has been added with Digi-Key Corporation as the sponsor. Other contest categories include Consumer Products; Machinery & Equipment; Medical; Safety and Security; Sustainable Technologies; and Transportation. Prizes for each of these categories will be provided by Hewlett-Packard.
Contest entries can be submitted by an individual or a team. An independent industry panel will judge the entries. Web site visitors are invited to vote for their favorite entry. For more information on how to enter the contest, go to www.createthefuture2011.com.
Mar 2, 2011
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel