Hanan Fishman, President of Delcam’s PartMaker Division, will present the latest developments in software for the precision parts industry at the Precision Machining Technology Show to held in Columbus, Ohio, from 19th to 21st April. The presentation, which will be given in the Technical Theatre at PMTS at 11 a.m. on Thursday, April 21, will be one of a series discussing some of the trends in the precision machined parts industry and how both hardware and software selection can help companies deal better with the demands they are facing.
"The precision parts industry is changing rapidly,” claimed Mr. Fishman. "The triple paradigm of smaller lot sizes, increased part complexity and compressed lead times are forcing part manufacturers to look closely at their set-up times and their CNC programming methods.” The presentation will consider the latest trends in CADCAM systems for small parts manufacture across a variety of CNC platforms including Swiss-type lathes, fixed-headstock turn-mill machines and bar-fed mills.
PartMaker is a knowledge-based machining system, allowing it to provide a substantial gain in programming efficiency by remembering the tools, material and process information necessary to machine individual part features. It thus relieves the user from re-entering the same features’ information for subsequent parts. It also improves productivity by placing the emphasis on tool management functions. This combination of functionality allows programs to be developed and trialled quickly on the computer so reducing set-up times and boosting productivity.
The 2011 version, which will demonstrated at PMTS, includes more powerful milling functionality, more vivid set-up documentation, new specialist turning routines, a more flexible tooling library, improved simulation of unique machine tool architectures and a host of additional productivity enhancements.
Mar 21, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012