Saving Time and Optimizing Product Performance with CATIA and Abaqus FEA.
Dassault Systèmes announced today that the FORMOSUN research team of National Taiwan University has designed and built electric vehicles with the help of CATIA for virtual design and Abaqus Finite Element Analysis (FEA) from SIMULIA for virtual testing.
Since 2000, the engineering department at National Taiwan University has been researching and developing electric vehicles for a sustainable future. From the ground up, undergraduate and graduate students of the FORMOSUN team have designed and developed three solar cars, one hybrid fuel cell scooter, an intelligent personal lightweight electric vehicle (iPLEV), and an electric passenger car.
“Students with limited experience are not fully capable of performing difficult design and engineering tasks,” said Dr. Jung-Ho Cheng of National Taiwan University. “However, with the help of CATIA and Abaqus FEA software, our students have the opportunity to tackle all of the design and analysis problems more efficiently.”
Beyond fundamental structural and thermal analyses with Abaqus FEA, the team utilized an optimization tool to streamline the analysis process for future designs and leverage the open functionality in Abaqus/CAE for improving usability by less experienced students. CATIA for virtual design, and Abaqus for realistic simulation, have been used to create lightweight designs of electric vehicle chassis, structures and electric motors.
“By applying robust realistic simulation solutions, the students at National Taiwan University have challenged themselves to design eco-conscious cars with better efficiency and reliability,” stated Ken Short, VP, Strategy and Marketing, SIMULIA, Dassault Systèmes. “These ‘future’ cars are emerging on the market faster through the use of virtual design and virtual testing solutions that accelerate the delivery of innovative products.”
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers