Engineering, design and data management solutions will be used for 16 AP1000™ nuclear reactor units.
HUNTSVILLE, Ala - The Chinese State Nuclear Power Technology Corp. Ltd. (SNPTC) has selected Intergraph® SmartPlant® Enterprise solutions to increase productivity and safety and to accelerate project schedules for the engineering, 3D design and data management of its 16 third-generation Westinghouse Electric Company AP1000™ nuclear reactor projects across China.
SmartPlant Enterprise integrated solutions will enable SNPTC to coordinate and consolidate engineering and design efforts between work teams, three other joint venture partners and nine sub-companies on the massive 16-reactor program. SmartPlant Enterprise data management solutions will also enable SNPTC to create a centralized data warehouse to manage the millions of reactor assets and supporting engineering information to help ensure safe operation and regulatory compliance for decades to come.
SmartPlant Enterprise is an integrated solutions suite that provides full design, construction, materials and engineering data management capabilities needed for the creation, safe operation and maintenance, and capital Project Life Cycle Management (cPLM) of large-scale process, power, marine and offshore projects. The software’s life cycle data management also enables a smoother handover for EPCs to owner operators and for owner operators to more easily maintain, refurbish or modify their plants.
SNPTC selected Intergraph SmartPlant Enterprise based on its proven design, engineering and data management capabilities for exceptionally large-scale projects. With positive experience from the implementation of Intergraph solutions at two of its subsidiaries, SNPTC has full confidence in Intergraph’s technological expertise and services.
Gerhard Sallinger, Intergraph Process, Power & Marine president, said, “SNPTC’s selection of Intergraph is validation that our solutions can meet the most challenging design and engineering projects in the world, especially in the nuclear power arena and rapidly developing economies such as China. We are confident that SNPTC will see productivity and quality gains with our solutions to help them meet their project schedules as their sub-companies already have.”
The ARC Advisory Group, a leading industry analyst firm, ranked Intergraph the No. 1 overall engineering design 3D software and process engineering tools (PET) provider worldwide according to its PET Worldwide Outlook Market Analysis and Forecast through 2013.
Mar 3, 2011
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel