Engineering, design and data management solutions will be used for 16 AP1000™ nuclear reactor units.
HUNTSVILLE, Ala - The Chinese State Nuclear Power Technology Corp. Ltd. (SNPTC) has selected Intergraph® SmartPlant® Enterprise solutions to increase productivity and safety and to accelerate project schedules for the engineering, 3D design and data management of its 16 third-generation Westinghouse Electric Company AP1000™ nuclear reactor projects across China.
SmartPlant Enterprise integrated solutions will enable SNPTC to coordinate and consolidate engineering and design efforts between work teams, three other joint venture partners and nine sub-companies on the massive 16-reactor program. SmartPlant Enterprise data management solutions will also enable SNPTC to create a centralized data warehouse to manage the millions of reactor assets and supporting engineering information to help ensure safe operation and regulatory compliance for decades to come.
SmartPlant Enterprise is an integrated solutions suite that provides full design, construction, materials and engineering data management capabilities needed for the creation, safe operation and maintenance, and capital Project Life Cycle Management (cPLM) of large-scale process, power, marine and offshore projects. The software’s life cycle data management also enables a smoother handover for EPCs to owner operators and for owner operators to more easily maintain, refurbish or modify their plants.
SNPTC selected Intergraph SmartPlant Enterprise based on its proven design, engineering and data management capabilities for exceptionally large-scale projects. With positive experience from the implementation of Intergraph solutions at two of its subsidiaries, SNPTC has full confidence in Intergraph’s technological expertise and services.
Gerhard Sallinger, Intergraph Process, Power & Marine president, said, “SNPTC’s selection of Intergraph is validation that our solutions can meet the most challenging design and engineering projects in the world, especially in the nuclear power arena and rapidly developing economies such as China. We are confident that SNPTC will see productivity and quality gains with our solutions to help them meet their project schedules as their sub-companies already have.”
The ARC Advisory Group, a leading industry analyst firm, ranked Intergraph the No. 1 overall engineering design 3D software and process engineering tools (PET) provider worldwide according to its PET Worldwide Outlook Market Analysis and Forecast through 2013.
Mar 3, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets