NEEDHAM, MA - PTC, The Product Development Company®, today announced that Chico's FAS, Inc. has selected PTC® Windchill® FlexPLM® Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to harmonize operations across category, brand, and departments. By choosing Windchill FlexPLM across all of its brands, including Chico's, White House|Black Market and Soma Intimates, the company is demonstrating a commitment to increase operational and inventory efficiency and reduce development time and production cost.
"When evaluating PLM vendors, we wanted software that was not only going to help us drive productivity and reduce costs, but we wanted a solution that was going to be easy to use," said Krissy Blakeway, senior vice president of Chico's design and product development. "As the technology leader, PTC was the unanimous choice of our user community. We believe that as we move forward and standardize on Windchill FlexPLM, our ability to be first to market with the latest fashion will be enhanced."
The retail industry is currently facing a number of hurdles, some of the most challenging being margin management/reduced product cost, inventory efficiency and productivity. By implementing Windchill FlexPLM, Chico's expects to realize reductions in materials costs, cycle times and product development costs.
"PTC fully understands the retail industry pain points and we work closely with our customers to not only help them overcome those existing challenges, but to look ahead, anticipate needs and innovate," said Kathleen Mitford, vice president, market strategy, PTC. "Chico's FAS, Inc. is already a leader and by standardizing on Windchill, the company will be able to continue to expand its position by realizing the benefits of margin improvement, cycle reduction time and personal productivity gains."
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel