FORT WORTH, TX - Drs. Chris Sideroff and Durrell Rittenberg will present an hour-long webinar at 9 a.m. PDT on 14 April, demonstrating how to automate the process of optimizing blade design with best in class computational fluid dynamics (CFD) tools.
The webinar will feature how to save time by automatically creating meshes using scripting, how to create grid topologies suitable for automation, how to create a framework for optimization space visualization, and how to easily set up the optimization process and speed your post-processing and reporting. Travis Carrigan will assist with answering questions.
To register for the free webinar, go to www.pointwise.com/webinar.
Dr. Rittenberg is director of customer development at Tecplot, Inc. A former graduate and undergraduate teacher, Dr. Rittenberg has been a keynote speaker at national and international conferences and has written 14 publications in scientific literature on a variety of disciplines. He received a Monbusho fellowship from the government of Japan to research advanced materials at Osaka University. He joined Tecplot in 2001. His Ph.D. is in inorganic chemistry from the University of Utah.
Dr. Sideroff joined Pointwise in September 2007 after working as a petroleum engineer for the NATCO Group, a CAD engineer for ARV Development, and a computer technician for Harddata Ltd. Dr. Sideroff earned a B.S. and M.S. in mechanical engineering from the University of Alberta and a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from Syracuse University in 2009, where his dissertation subject was "Detailed Examinations of the Human Micro-Environment by CFD." He is a technical sales engineer at Pointwise.
Mr. Carrigan, an intern at Pointwise since May 2008, works alongside Dr. Sideroff. He will complete his M.S. in aerospace engineering at the University of Texas at Arlington in May 2011, where his thesis subject is "Aerodynamic Shape Optimization of a Vertical Axis Wind Turbine." He received his B.S. in aerospace engineering in 2009 from UTA.
Mar 21, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio