The Electronic Product Catalog based on the eCATALOGsolutions technology by CADENAS GmbH is being implemented at Schneider Electric Motion Deutschland since 2004. Now Schneider Electric Motion and CADENAS GmbH are publishing a brochure highlighting the joint success story of eCATALOGsolutions at Schneider Electric Motion. eCATALOGsolutions is a software solution for creating, managing and marketing 3D CAD product data and catalogs. It enables the international company Schneider Electric to make 2D and 3D models of standard products available to its customers and interested parties quickly and easily in numerous current CAD formats. eCATALOGsolutions is a marketing instrument that further expands the products on the market and thus increases the customer platform.
Schneider Electric Motion Deutschland in Lahr/Black Forest, a company of the French Schneider Electric Corporation, develops and produces motors and drive units for the automation and control technology. This includes highly complex products such as multi-axle Cartesian robots which enable numerous configurations and thus cannot have any pre-fabricated 3D CAD models.
3D CAD Data in the Digital Age
In an increasingly digital world, 3D CAD models are becoming increasingly more standardized in the construction area. “Engineers’ mode of operation has significantly changed in the last few years. Today it is matter-of-fact that CAD models of products are offered for download on online portals and are then downloaded by buyers.” Martin Geiger, Product Manager of Linear Motion of Schneider Electric Motion Deutschland GmbH is convinced of this.
“Today, the Schneider Electric Motion Deutschland’s CAD product catalog encompasses about 98% of our entire product palette”, says Rolf Dautel, Offer Information Manager of Schneider Electric Motion Deutschland GmbH. Excluded are the electronic and customized products.
Online Download is an Important Marketing Instrument
“The Electronic Product Catalog and the online download portal of CADENAS are an interesting and very important marketing instrument for our company with which many internal and external processes were improved”, says Markus Moser, Development of Mechanics at Schneider Electric Motion. Both customers and employees of the supplier from Lahr benefit from the solution. “We only hear positive feedback from our customers. With the CADENAS solution we are ideally prepared for the digital age and can offer our customers the maximum service,” confirms Martin Geiger, Product Manager at Linear Motion.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel