WALTHAM, Mass — VISTAGY, Inc today announced that BAE Systems Composite Structures Inc. has purchased FiberSIM® software to design and manufacture parts for commercial aircraft programs, including an auxiliary power unit plenum. BAE Systems Composite Structures has worked with VISTAGY for over a decade and has used FiberSIM on programs for Rolls Royce, Bell Helicopter, and Raytheon.
BAE Systems Composite Structures uses FiberSIM to compress product development cycle times and reduce costs by eliminating the laborious processes for manually developing plies, creating templates, and digitizing flat patterns. Further, FiberSIM-driven, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes enable BAE Systems Composite Structures to reduce layup time and improve repeatability.
“The aerospace industry is very deadline-driven and FiberSIM helps us meet deadlines in a variety of ways,” said Tim Stewart, manager of Manufacturing Engineering for U.S. Combat Systems at BAE Systems Composite Structures. “For instance, when an engineer begins a project, he really doesn’t know what he is going to be up against. Thanks to FiberSIM’s dependable and robust simulation capabilities, we know if there is going to be a problem well before a part hits the manufacturing floor, and that saves us a lot of time. Further, in the past, we had to wait for tooling to arrive before we could create flat patterns. That could take 12 to 16 weeks. With FiberSIM, we can create the flat patterns even before we see the tool so when it comes in, we’re ready to go.”
“BAE Systems Composite Structures works on a number of cutting edge aircraft so we appreciate the opportunity to work with them,” said John O’Connor, director of product and market strategy for VISTAGY. “The long-term relationship that we have with BAE Systems Composite Structures, as well as with many other industry leaders, demonstrates the confidence in our expertise and commitment to continuing to provide innovative solutions for the aerospace industry.”
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012