WALTHAM, Mass — VISTAGY, Inc today announced that BAE Systems Composite Structures Inc. has purchased FiberSIM® software to design and manufacture parts for commercial aircraft programs, including an auxiliary power unit plenum. BAE Systems Composite Structures has worked with VISTAGY for over a decade and has used FiberSIM on programs for Rolls Royce, Bell Helicopter, and Raytheon.
BAE Systems Composite Structures uses FiberSIM to compress product development cycle times and reduce costs by eliminating the laborious processes for manually developing plies, creating templates, and digitizing flat patterns. Further, FiberSIM-driven, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes enable BAE Systems Composite Structures to reduce layup time and improve repeatability.
“The aerospace industry is very deadline-driven and FiberSIM helps us meet deadlines in a variety of ways,” said Tim Stewart, manager of Manufacturing Engineering for U.S. Combat Systems at BAE Systems Composite Structures. “For instance, when an engineer begins a project, he really doesn’t know what he is going to be up against. Thanks to FiberSIM’s dependable and robust simulation capabilities, we know if there is going to be a problem well before a part hits the manufacturing floor, and that saves us a lot of time. Further, in the past, we had to wait for tooling to arrive before we could create flat patterns. That could take 12 to 16 weeks. With FiberSIM, we can create the flat patterns even before we see the tool so when it comes in, we’re ready to go.”
“BAE Systems Composite Structures works on a number of cutting edge aircraft so we appreciate the opportunity to work with them,” said John O’Connor, director of product and market strategy for VISTAGY. “The long-term relationship that we have with BAE Systems Composite Structures, as well as with many other industry leaders, demonstrates the confidence in our expertise and commitment to continuing to provide innovative solutions for the aerospace industry.”
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel