BURLINGTON, Massachusetts: SoftInWay Inc., a global provider of turbomachinery design software, training and engineering services, has signed an agreement with the State Marine Technical University of St. Petersburg (SMTU) to incorporate AxSTREAM Educational Version into the curriculum of Department of Marine Turbines and Turbine Plants, Faculty of Marine Engineering.
AxSTREAM Educational Version was created with the goal of familiarizing students with the basics of turbomachinery design and optimization. It enables flow path design using overall application requirements, flow path optimization including 1D/2D direct problem formulation, cascade profile generation, finding the optimal twist law for classic and long blades, and 3D blade design using custom lean and sweep. As a result, the graduates will gain a broad-based introduction and a deeper understanding of the flow path design procedure, while their teachers will receive valuable practical material.
“We are strongly focused on creating a new generation of well qualified specialists who will bring today’s marine technology to a higher level, – stated Dr. Leonid Moroz, President and CEO of SoftInWay Inc. – In my opinion, the recent integration of AxSTREAM software into the SMTU teaching process will result in reinforced instruction and increased speed of learning among the future marine engineers.”
Since AxSTREAM software for turbomachinery design and optimization is currently used by major engineering companies, such as Dresser-Rand (USA), MAN Turbo (Germany), Wood Group (Switzerland) and Avio Group (Italy), to name just a few, it is important to use it to provide students with the appropriate education and inspiration, as well as to prepare them for successful engineering careers.
AxSTREAM version for academia is available for axial / radial turbines and compressors, and can be ordered via http://www.softinway.com/education/axstream-educational-version.asp.
Mar 27, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012