New AVEVA business paper outlines information integrity management for Owner Operators in the oil & gas industry.
Cambridge, UK: AVEVA announced the publication of a comprehensive Operations Integrity Management (OIM) strategy for Owner Operators in the oil & gas industry. Exploring critical business areas for both project and asset performance, the business strategy paper seeks to identify how Owner Operators can reduce operational cost and risk through an optimised information management strategy.
At the centre of the OIM strategy is the Digital Information Hub, a secure store of information and its associated relationships, allowing users to search, modify, control and collaborate across major capital projects and throughout the long-term operation of their assets.
The supervision of major capital projects, complex handover operations, maintenance, engineering and regulatory compliance all demand structured information integrity. Poor information leads to poor decisions with potentially catastrophic consequences. AVEVA's OIM strategy allows Owner Operators to control the quality and accessibility of critical project and operational information, increasing productivity and profitability while reducing operational risk.
The new OIM paper focuses on business areas identified as critical to success for Owner Operators. For the domain of Project Performance, focus is provided on improving Project Controls and the Commissioning & Handover process. In the operations phase where Asset Performance is key, focus is provided on improving Operations Readiness, In-Plant Engineering, Operations and Maintenance and HSE & Regulatory Compliance.
"AVEVA has been providing 3D design and engineering solutions to Owner Operators and Engineering Contractors for over 40 years. Our OIM strategy builds on this extensive experience by providing a very flexible approach to complex information management requirements. With a focus on managing the Digital Asset and an open approach the Digital Information Hub allows Owner Operators to control and share information from AVEVA applications, as well as, from other vendors. We believe that customers must be able to choose the applications that address their business requirements and that AVEVA's open OIM strategy is uniquely positioned to help Owner Operators, unlock the full potential of their engineering and business information, "said Simon Bennett, Product Strategy Manager, Enterprise Solutions at AVEVA.
To read the business paper please visit www.aveva.com/whitepapers.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio