Seoul, South Korea: AVEVA (LSE:AVV), a leader in engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries, today announced a significant new contract win with Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI), further increasing its investment in AVEVA solutions.
HHI has fully utilised AVEVA solutions since 1988. It has based its engineering and design on AVEVA solutions for the production of its commercial, offshore and special ships. With increasing offshore projects, Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) is further expanding its usage of AVEVA's 3D design.
"We have a strong working relationship with AVEVA, as demonstrated with our past strategic partnerships. AVEVA has helped us to continue to achieve technological innovation and become a global leader," said H.Y Kim, General Manager at HHI.
"Our relationship with HHI is an example of AVEVA's commitment and contribution to the Korean market. HHI has benefitted from higher design efficiency and improved project quality when using AVEVA solutions," added Peter Finch, President, Asia Pacific at AVEVA.
HHI has recently announced the launch of state-of-the-art drill ship ‘Deepwater Champion' and a recent order for the world's largest heavy-lift vessel. AVEVA solutions were used in the design of ‘Deepwater Champion' and will play a major role in the new heavy-lift vessel project.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets