Web, Mobile Integration, Improved Model Documentation and Overall Performance Help Users Communicate Ideas and Facilitate Better Design.
SAN RAFAEL, Calif - Autodesk, Inc has announced the availability of the AutoCAD 2012 software products and the Autodesk Design Suite 2012 offering. The AutoCAD 2012 products and the Autodesk Design Suite 2012 series are AutoCAD-based design software that give users the flexibility to use AutoCAD in a variety of industries, and the accessibility to stay connected to their work no matter where they are. Equipped with powerful new customization tools in discipline-specific versions, the AutoCAD 2012 products enable architects, engineers and other design professionals to explore ideas, document designs and collaborate with the trusted DWG technology. The 2012 AutoCAD products and Autodesk Design Suite 2012 series are now directly connected to the free* AutoCAD WS web and mobile application.
“Autodesk is making significant new advancements in design technology more accessible and flexible than ever before via our interconnected desktop, mobile and cloud-based offering,” said Amar Hanspal, senior vice president, Platform Solutions and Emerging Businesses, Autodesk. “Every day, our customers are solving increasingly complex design problems, and our latest release of the AutoCAD products is one that we are most proud of. These new versions demonstrate how Autodesk continues to innovate so we can provide products that help our customers focus on solving business challenges through better design.”
Autodesk Design Suite 2012
The 2012 version of Autodesk Design Suite software provides architects and designers with the power of AutoCAD software, integrated with Autodesk’s leading design and visual communication software. Available in Standard, Premium and Ultimate editions, Autodesk Design Suite makes it easier for customers to conceptualize and design, seamlessly share data across all design phases, explore alternatives, and visually communicate designs through compelling imagery, movies, and interactive presentations. The Autodesk Design Suite includes the 2012 versions of AutoCAD, Autodesk SketchBook Designer, Autodesk Mudbox and Autodesk Showcase software. The Premium edition adds Autodesk 3ds Max Design visualization software for cinematic-quality rendering, 3D animation, and daylight analysis. The Ultimate edition includes all the products in the Premium edition and adds Autodesk Alias Design for greater concept design and surface modeling capabilities.
What’s New in AutoCAD 2012 Products
Users of the AutoCAD 2012 products gain several new productivity tools, helping them to slash drafting, detailing and design revision time. Parametric drawing tools automatically define persistent relationships between objects; extended associative array functionality enables creating an array of objects along a path; and PDF publish and import improvements help users clearly communicate with clients. More robust 3D modeling tools improve surfacing and conceptual design functionality, while enhanced design and documentation tools help users to read and edit multiple file formats, streamlining the documentation process to improve accuracy and accelerate design time. Other enhancements provide faster start times, faster commands and overall improved product performance, together with a premium graphics and visual experience.
With direct access to AutoCAD WS web and mobile applications from within the AutoCAD 2012 products and the Autodesk Design Suite editions, users can view, edit and share their designs with anyone, anywhere from a web browser or mobile device. The AutoCAD WS mobile application is currently available for Apple iOS devices, including iPad and iPhone.
Highlights of the AutoCAD 2012 Products
AutoCAD LT drafting and detailing software is the professional choice for data compatibility, reliability and 2D drafting productivity. With AutoCAD LT 2012, incremental improvements, support for hardware acceleration and overall performance enhancements can add up to bigger productivity gains. Key new features include:
* Associative array can save valuable rework time when creating conceptual designs or finished documentation by establishing and maintaining a set of relationships between arrayed objects, such as windows on a building or trusses on a bridge.
* Multifunctional grips help make editing faster and easier by enabling direct manipulation. The power and efficiency of multifunctional grips has been extended to lines, arcs, elliptical arcs, dimensions and multileaders, in addition to polylines and hatch objects. Simply hover over a grip to see the relevant commands and options.
* Sheet Set Manager organizes drawing sheets, reduces steps to publish, automatically creates layout views, links sheet set information into title blocks and plot stamps, and performs tasks across a sheet set, so everything is in a convenient place.
* AutoComplete commands provide a list of matching command names, system variables, and command aliases when users type in the command line.
AutoCAD 2012 includes all the improvements to AutoCAD LT 2012, along with new and expanded workflows for conceptual design, model documentation and reality capture. In addition to a wide range of timesaving enhancements, AutoCAD 2012 delivers powerful tools for performing 3D design more easily, streamlining time-consuming documentation workflows and helping drive projects to completion faster.
* Model documentation tools enable users to import models from a wide variety of CAD applications (including Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, CATIA, NX and Rhino), and quickly develop intelligent documentation for those designs.
* Autodesk Inventor Fusion software for 3D conceptual design is now included with AutoCAD 2012. Inventor Fusion unites the power and control of parametric, history-based modeling with the ease of use and productivity advantages of direct, history-free modeling. The integration between AutoCAD and Inventor Fusion facilitates faster transfers between the applications, as well as with other 3D CAD environments.
* Point cloud support for up to 2 billion points enables users to quickly visualize scanned objects directly in their modeling workspace, bringing 3D scans to life and helping to streamline time-consuming renovation and restoration projects.
AutoCAD Architecture 2012 software now offers faster startup and drawing load times for more immediate access to tools and large drawing navigation. A new corner windows capability makes it easy to add a single window in the corner intersection of two walls.
AutoCAD MEP 2012 mechanical, electrical, and plumbing software offers enhanced native productivity and utilities tools that make it easier to access dynamic and interactive 3D modeling for building system design. New Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) support from within AutoCAD MEP helps users manage and share data with others throughout the design process.
AutoCAD Electrical 2012 control design software expands its support for international standards, and new tutorial material and an intuitive user interface makes it even easier to save time, reduce errors, and create innovative electrical control designs.
AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 design and drafting software now enables editing 3D models from nearly any source with Inventor Fusion and intelligent drawing view creation with a new model documentation feature. It also includes enhanced bill of materials migration, performance and collaboration improvements designed to help make users more productive while allowing them to maintain existing workflows.
AutoCAD users now have access to product information and customer support through Autodesk’s new Autodesk Exchange site (http://exchange.autodesk.com). The Autodesk Exchange site hosts training, tips, advanced techniques, expert advice and other tools about AutoCAD products, using the AutoCAD 2012 user interface, and more. This site will be the destination for all AutoCAD Help Content, helping users to be more productive with resources all in one place.
Product availability varies by country. Details and purchasing options are available at www.autodesk.com/purchaseoptions.
Mar 27, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting