New Altair location will provide consulting services and software for major aerospace, automotive and energy companies.
TROY, Mich – Altair Engineering today announced that this month it will open its first office in Spain. The Madrid location will provide regional enterprise support services to major aerospace, automotive and energy companies and offer software to those business sectors in collaboration with its distributor DSP, located in Tarragona, Spain.
Operating through a newly formed subsidiary, Altair Software and Services, engineers in the Madrid office will work directly with clients to design and carry out computer simulation projects using Altair’s HyperWorks suite of computer-aided engineering software tools. The staff will be led by Stefano Deiana, managing director of Spain for Altair.
The new office will be staffed with simulation experts to support the region’s advanced manufacturing community. This will include major aerospace companies where Altair engineers will employ HyperWorks and collaborate with client engineering teams to develop lightweight, high-performance aircraft systems. Altair’s optimization and solver technologies, such as OptiStruct and RADIOSS, will be deeply integrated as part of the process to create designs incorporating less or lighter material for components while retaining the strength, durability and performance of conventional designs.
“Altair has worked in the aerospace, automotive and energy industries across Europe for many years,” said Deiana. “Now, the mounting demand for HyperWorks software and for a direct presence to provide enterprise services within those sectors, particularly aerospace, have prompted us to develop a Madrid office that will serve companies in both Spain and Portugal.”
The Spain site extends Altair’s presence in Europe, where it also operates offices in the France, Germany, Italy, Sweden, and the UK. Globally, Altair has offices throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific.
Mar 15, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012