HUNTSVILLE, Ala - Aker Solutions has entered into a contract with Intergraph using Intergraph’s Smart 3D technology. A multiyear contract, which includes SmartMarine® 3D, was signed in Oslo, Norway, this month with the first project deployment expected during the second half of 2011.
“Intergraph’s Smart 3D technology will help Aker Solutions to continuously work to improve productivity and quality through standardization and knowledge-based engineering. In order to be successful, we need tools that enable us to benefit from lessons learned and best practices, while increasing our overall engineering capacity through automation. The objective is to deliver better products to our customers,” said Jann Kåre Slettebakk, Chief Information Officer in Aker Solutions’ field development businesses.
Gerhard Sallinger, Intergraph Process, Power & Marine president, said: “Aker Solutions is among a growing number of industry leaders that are adopting Intergraph Smart 3D technology as its next-generation engineering platform, because of the unique abilities it provides. I am proud that Aker Solutions, a leading player in the oil and gas industry, has chosen our technology for future engineering projects. Intergraph is looking forward to working with Aker Solutions and their input to future product direction. Intergraph believes that Aker Solutions’ industry knowledge will help to drive further productivity improvements in Smart 3D technology.”
SmartMarine 3D is the world’s most advanced 3D system for offshore and ship design, employing a breakthrough approach that is based on rules and automation. It enables optimized design and productivity while shortening project schedules. The software is providing companies with the capabilities needed to gain an edge in a highly competitive industry.
The ARC Advisory Group, a leading industry analyst firm, ranked Intergraph the No. 1 overall engineering design 3D software and process engineering tools (PET) provider worldwide according to its PET Worldwide Outlook Market Analysis and Forecast through 2013.
Mar 17, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012