Learn How Top Performers Are Aligning Plant and Corporate IT.
BOSTON, MA - A new report by Aberdeen Group, a Harte-Hanks Company (NYSE: HHS), "Operational Intelligence: Aligning Plant and Corporate IT" reveals how the most mature companies unlock the value of real-time manufacturing data by bringing together corporate and plant IT environments with new technology enablers and system architectures.
For the purposes of this study, Aberdeen has evaluated and classified manufacturers based on four key criteria. Top performers are performing at the following levels:
* 94% Success with New Product Introductions
* 94% Complete and On-Time Shipments
* 89% Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE)
* +6% Operating Margin vs. Corporate Plan
The role and responsibilities of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) has changed immensely over the past decade. New tools sets, architectures, and standards have allowed IT organizations to have a much more collaborative environment between IT and many Line of Business (LOB) executives. "Unfortunately, in many cases, these changes have not made it all the way down to the shop floor," explains Matthew Littlefield, senior research analyst, Aberdeen. "On the upside, the number one organizational change companies are planning on making over the next 12 months is creating collaboration between IT and manufacturing organizations." Indeed, many companies are at a major cross road regarding the deployment of software in manufacturing and the decisions they make today will greatly impact the firm for years to come. Readers can use this report to understand the lessons learned from the top performers while avoiding the pain points and obstacles encountered by their peers.
A complimentary copy of this report is made available due in part by the following underwriters: Apriso, Plex Systems, and SAP. To obtain a complimentary copy of the report, visit: http://www.aberdeen.com/link/sponsor.asp?spid=30410182&cid=6987&camp=2
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012