SUNNYVALE, Calif - Trimble has announced that it has been selected as a preferred distributor for the new Tekla BIMSight 3D Modeling Solution. Trimble will offer a free download of the 3D modeling solution on BIMtoField.com, a Trimble Website dedicated to helping building owners, contractors, and engineers better understand the potential of solutions that allow the transfer of Building Information Modeling (BIM) data to field level systems for increased productivity and cost savings.
BIMSight uses the modeling engine found in Tekla's popular Structures platform to render 3D models for use in building construction projects. Small, self performing general contractors to large, global construction conglomerates can download the solution and begin rendering CAD-based design files for 3D clash detection purposes. Most importantly, users will be able to easily share coordinated models to collaborate with team members more effectively.
The solution is an ideal fit with Trimble's line of layout solutions for the building construction industry, allowing contractors to more easily check for structural or Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) systems clashes prior to layout of points in the field. Offering the BIMSight solution to Trimble's customers and distribution partners is a logical next step in the collaboration between Trimble and Tekla.
"We believe our customer base of large and small contractors will find exceptional value in the BIMSight solution as well as the method in which it is being distributed via the BIMtoField Website," said Pat Bohle, general manager of Trimble's Building Construction Division. "As a preferred distributor of BIMSight, we look forward to offering the solution to our customers as an efficient way to take advantage of BIM processes through effective project collaboration."
"Trimble's leadership in providing solutions that help deliver high-quality construction compliments the goal of Tekla BIMsight. Because of their need for highly accurate project information, Trimble customers will naturally benefit from our latest model-based collaboration tools," said Laura Virros, director of Tekla's B&C Project Delivery Segment.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012