A dissemination meeting to report the results of the ADCOMP project on Thermoplastic Composites Technology and Business is to be held at Delcam’s Birmingham headquarters on Wednesday 17th March.
Sponsored by Advantage West Midlands and the National Composites Network, the ADCOMP project aims to raise awareness of potential business growth in thermoplastic composites and to develop the supply chain for products made from the materials in the West Midlands. Potential applications include aerospace and automotive components, sports equipment and even furniture.
The dissemination event is aimed at designers and engineers that are experienced with the use of composites and those that are considering using thermoplastic composites for the first time. The programme for the meeting will cover materials and processing developments, as well as the business opportunities offered by thermoplastic composites.
Details will be given on the two demonstrator manufacturing exercises undertaken within the project to assess the technical and financial performance of thermoplastics in aerospace and engineering applications. These were a leading edge concept design for GKN Aerosystems and a replacement for the front fender support on the JCB Fastrac.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting