Revenue Gains Fuel Aggressive R&D Investment.
Berkeley, CA – Tech Soft 3D, the leading provider of component technology to the engineering software industry, today announced its 2010 revenue grew by a record 40 percent, allowing for an aggressive 60 percent increase in R&D resources. This R&D investment will help further extend the technical leadership of the company’s HOOPS® family of component technologies, providing maximum value for the 300-plus development teams that rely on Tech Soft 3D components. Additional investments in Consulting Engineering will also assist customers with rapid implementation of Tech Soft 3D’s various OEM technologies. This marks the 14th consecutive year of profitable growth for the company.
Ron Fritz, CEO of Tech Soft 3D, noted, “Since our underlying components are embedded in such a wide spectrum of applications, every dollar we invest on research and development is multiplied across our large customer base, amplifying the impact of that R&D across the entire engineering software industry. Our mission is to help software developers build better software, faster, and our ongoing investment in R&D demonstrates our firm commitment to that mission.”
The 40 percent growth was attributed to revenue gains across all product lines, including the company’s flagship HOOPS 3D Framework™ and resold SDK’s including Autodesk’s RealDWG® Toolkit and Parasolid® Modeling Kernel from Siemens PLM Software. In addition, new revenue was generated from the release of the new HOOPS 3D Exchange™ component and the addition of the AutoCAD OEM platform to Tech Soft 3D’s portfolio.
“As a component provider to a variety of engineering software vendors servicing a wide range of markets, our revenues are often a barometer of the health of the industry as whole,” said Fritz. “I think our impressive growth in 2010 is a strong sign that spending on engineering software in all sectors – from manufacturing and construction to energy and mining – is again on the rise.”
Tech Soft 3D provides premier component technologies and related services that enable software developers to rapidly create world-class technical software. The company’s flagship HOOPS3D Framework has been incorporated into nearly 300 commercial software applications. Tech Soft 3D also develops HOOPS 3D Exchange and resells premium components such as Autodesk’s RealDWG Toolkit and AutoCAD OEM platform, and Parasolid Modeling Kernel from Siemens PLM Software.
Feb 8, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel