Introducing a new innovative application for the design of frame structures.
MIP Ltd, has recently launched SolidGenius Version 17, the new generation of its integrated application suite for PTC's Creo Elements/Direct Modeling (formerly CoCreate Modeling). Completely based on the powerful "Direct Modeling" kernel of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling, SolidGenius 17 responds to the increasingly complex industry needs.
New Module for creating frame structures from profiles
In addition to a number of enhancements, this SolidGenius version also offers a new licensed application "FramesLink" for creating frame structures from steel, aluminum and other materials for mechanical engineering and construction sector.
During the development phase of this new application, MIP combined product innovation with its experience and skills, which was gained from more than 20 years developing design and programming for the CAD/CAM industry. MIP also consulted extensively with its customers, implementing suggested technology and techniques to make the system one of the most complete application available in the market for the design of structural frames.
New innovative concepts like "Dynamic Profiles", "Smart Connections" and "Rubber Parts" will be first time introduced to CAD/CAM world.
Some of the functionalities of FramesLink can be seen at the following demonstration videos (switch to HD quality by watching these videos)
A leading solution in the future
Following the success of other MIP's CAD/CAM developments like SpaceCable and ProgressivePower, MIP is once again giving high importance for user friendliness and dynamic behavior of the software application. "We believe, the system should be so easy to handle, so that a novice user can be capable of starting right away. With our innovative dynamic concept we are introducing as less menu entries or clicks as possible freeing the user from boring repetitive steps", says Sinan Akyar, SolidGenius R&D Manager. Then he continues "We are convinced that FramesLink will be welcomed from all users, which are in need of strong frames design application supporting the Explicit Modeling behavior. All software developers need to continually rethink and create new dynamic and user friendly applications to offer users the most up-to-date technology".
SolidGenius 17 highlights
- A new module "FramesLink" for the design of frame structures for mechanical and civil engineers.
- Advanced "Screw Connections Wizard".
- Improved CCF Editor for creating own part libraries.
- Enhanced capabilities for Model Manager integration.
- Enhanced "Actions" capabilities for screws.
- New functionality for Start holes for Hole tables.
- The support of Italian and Turkish languages in addition to the existing ones.
SolidGenius 17 works with Windows XP, Vista and Windows7 both for 32 & 64 bits versions, supporting PTC's Creo Elements/Direct Modeling and Model Manager V15, V16 and V17.
Free evaluation versions
Free evaluation versions of SolidGenius V17 can be obtained from http://www.solidgenius.com/free_trial.htm
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting