World’s Most Widely Used 3D Geometric Modeling Component Achieves Unique Milestone by Delivering Superior Quality and Functionality to Broad Cross Section of Applications.
PLANO, Texas - Siemens PLM Software has announced that the number of active end-user seats of software based on its Parasolid® software has surpassed 3.5 million. As the world’s most widely used 3D geometric modeling component, Parasolid provides solid modeling functionality and interoperability to over 150 independent software vendors (ISVs) and over 350 of the industry’s most popular software applications across a broad cross section of disciplines including computer-aided design (CAD), engineering analysis (CAE), manufacturing (CAM) and architectural engineering and construction (AEC).
“The unique functionality and unsurpassed quality of Parasolid, along with its universal appeal to innovative software developers of all sizes and across multiple disciplines, has helped us achieve this impressive milestone,” said Joan Hirsch, vice president of Product Design Solutions, Siemens PLM Software. “Our long-term relationships with Parasolid licensees have promoted mutual growth and success over many years, and our dedication to open technology and an open business model helps these ISVs foster innovation and collaboration. These qualities, combined with the resulting growth and stability of Parasolid, provide our customers with a unique competitive advantage.”
Through the combination of its technology, quality and open business model, Parasolid has demonstrated a high degree of business value to independent software vendors in four principal sectors.
* CAD – Parasolid is the most widely used 3D geometric modeling component in this highly demanding market where the ability to efficiently update the digital model supersedes all other requirements. Product designers rely upon Parasolid to create a wide variety of highly accurate and detailed 3D models, from aircraft engines to mobile phones to construction equipment, using software applications from ISVs such as Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp, Delcam plc, IronCAD LLC, Missler Software, Top Systems Ltd and Vero Software Ltd, as well as Siemens PLM Software’s own Solid Edge® software and NX™ software.
* CAE and CAM – As the component software used to create over 40 percent of the world’s 3D digital models, Parasolid has become the logical choice for vendors of CAE and CAM software needing to import data created in the wide variety of CAD applications based on Parasolid. Many of these companies now also use Parasolid functionality to simplify designs for analysis, create derivative designs such as molds and tooling, and provide design creation capabilities. These CAE and CAM ISVs include ANSYS Inc., CD-Adapco, Planit Software, Mentor Graphics, DP Technology Corp, Gibbs and Associates, and MSC.Software Inc. In addition Parasolid is used by CNC Software, Inc. in its Mastercam® software and by Autodesk Inc. in its Moldflow® software. Parasolid is also the geometric component modeler used as the foundation for the CAE and CAM modules of Siemens PLM Software’s NX solution.
* AEC – An increasing number of mainstream buildings and iconic architectural structures are designed and detailed using AEC applications based on Parasolid. These applications are developed by major AEC software vendors such as Bentley Inc. and Nemetschek Vectorworks Inc.
* Interoperability – Siemens PLM Software’s commitment to open solutions and an open business model has made Parasolid a popular format for seamlessly sharing data between a wide variety of applications. In addition to enabling easy geometry sharing among all Parasolid-based systems, Parasolid XT data is also included in the software development toolkit that supports Siemens PLM Software’s JT Open Program, an influential community of users, software vendors, and interested parties spanning the PLM value chain who influence and promote the development and expanded use of the JT™ data format as a global standard for visualization, collaboration and data sharing.
Feb 28, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio