ShipConstructor Software Inc. will showcase the latest version of its popular shipbuilding CAD/CAM application at Seatec Italy, February 16-18, Carrara Italy, Stand D28 857, and also will highlight the new features available in the next version scheduled to be released in March.
Several new European clients have recently signed up specifically to take advantage of the program’s new features which improve the ease of editing, increase speed and improve functionality.
Nick Danese, ShipConstructor Senior Partner EMEA says, “We have seen a number of new European clients in the mega-yacht and ship industries come on-board recently due to their excitement about the new features. ShipConstructor Software Inc.’s dedication to development based on end-users’ requirements played a recognizable role in tipping the balance in our favor.”
ShipConstructor 2011 New Features:
- Enhanced support for Multiple Product Hierarchies – Allows multiple build or product breakdown strategies to be defined and to drive production from a single project.
- Enhanced Revisions Management – More revision types and improved user interface for revision search and review. Revisions can also be exported for review in a web browser or Excel.
- Project Split & Merge Performance Improvements – Partition split, merge, or refresh files into manageable chunks for simpler transmission.
- Unique identifier in AutoCAD OPM and COM interfaces – Part GUID information is more easily accessible for simpler integration with other software.
- Negative X Coordinate in Profile Endcut Definitions – Enhanced parametric endcuts that support negative X origin coordinates.
ShipConstructor 2011 R2 New Features
- Project Equipment List – Manage and reconcile the project master equipment list to the 3D model in ShipConstructor.
- Automatic Production Drawing Update – Increase user efficiency by updating of multiple production drawings in a single operation.
- Improvements in Assembly and Arrangement Drawing Update Performance – Less time spent waiting with assembly and arrangement drawing creation and updating performance improved by 10% to 50%.
- Updatable Twisted Stiffeners – Shrink the design spiral between Hull and Structure Update twisted stiffeners in structure drawings with changes from hull drawings without having to re-export the part.
- Reports by Model Drawing – Easier work-in-progress reports by generating reports for content within individual model drawings.
Feb 16, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting