Liège, Belgium: REpower Systems AG chooses SAMCEF for Wind Turbines, SAMTECH's professional product for advanced dynamic analysis and certification of Wind Turbines.
The purchase of S4WT is the natural result of the confidence of REpower in SAMTECH's software solutions. The choice of S4WT was further consolidated through the outcome of validation campaigns. These tests proved the higher accuracy of S4WT over other multi body and aero-elastic approaches when comparing numerical results and experimental measurements.
The S4WT solver SAMCEF Mecano was used for the first time in REpower's Wind business in the year 2006 for the analysis of drive train dynamics of a REpower megawatt class wind turbine. The initially applied aero-elastic SAMCEF Mecano model accounted for the most relevant flexible wind turbine components, including a detailed gearbox model and the turbine control. A strong collaboration was then set-up in the frame of ADTS consortium to introduce key features in the innovative S4WT professional software product.
In the year 2007, REpower supported the creation of a consortium of leading industrial experts for “Advanced Drive Train Simulation/ADTS" so to improve further the S4WT power train model.
The ADTS consortium was an intensive technical collaboration in between REpower Systems AG, Schaeffler Group, Eickhoff Antriebstechnik GmbH and SAMTECH Iberica. Outcome of that collaboration where specific extensions of the S4WT solver for advanced power train modelling in order to match the needs of today's wind industry.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel