Marburg – VI-grade GmbH, a provider of best-in-class products and services to bridge the gap between real world testing and technical simulation, today announced that RML Motorsport, the UK-based leading multi-discipline motorsport organization has selected VI-MotorSport, VI-grade’s complete suite for system-level racing simulations, to optimize the setup of their racing cars.
RML Motorsport has selected VI-MotorSport - a complete solution that includes advanced simulation tools such as VI-grade’s flagship product VI-CarRealTime, VI-SuspensionGen, VI-Driver and VI-Animator - to better understand the handling performance of the Chevrolet Cruze on a race track and further improve its race setup to maximize the team’s chance of retaining both the drivers and manufacturers titles in 2011.
“The WTCC competition will visit some new tracks in 2011, so having access to VI-MotorSport, the leading dynamic lap time simulation tool, will help us establish a good understanding of our car on these tracks beforehand” says Ron Hartvelt, WTCC Project Manager at RML Motorsport. “VI-MotorSport is the tool we needed to modify the setup of our car, validating our design with the efficiency of a real-time solution. This is especially important, since for the 2011 competition we will be using a new 1.6l turbocharged engine, which will have significantly different characteristics to the 2.0l naturally aspirated engine we used before.”
“We are very excited about the collaboration with RML Motorsport” says Diego Minen, Technical Director of VI-grade. “We are looking forward to supporting the success of this important racing team that joins today the community of our customers belonging to the racing industry.”
The VI-MotorSport simulation environment will be used by the RML Motorsport engineering department as a complete virtual product development solution. In particular, VI-Driver will be used to maximize the performance of the racing cars on different circuits, whereas the VI-Animator GUI will support the monitoring phase of all racing channels during the on-track tests.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets