Marburg – VI-grade GmbH, a provider of best-in-class products and services to bridge the gap between real world testing and technical simulation, today announced that RML Motorsport, the UK-based leading multi-discipline motorsport organization has selected VI-MotorSport, VI-grade’s complete suite for system-level racing simulations, to optimize the setup of their racing cars.
RML Motorsport has selected VI-MotorSport - a complete solution that includes advanced simulation tools such as VI-grade’s flagship product VI-CarRealTime, VI-SuspensionGen, VI-Driver and VI-Animator - to better understand the handling performance of the Chevrolet Cruze on a race track and further improve its race setup to maximize the team’s chance of retaining both the drivers and manufacturers titles in 2011.
“The WTCC competition will visit some new tracks in 2011, so having access to VI-MotorSport, the leading dynamic lap time simulation tool, will help us establish a good understanding of our car on these tracks beforehand” says Ron Hartvelt, WTCC Project Manager at RML Motorsport. “VI-MotorSport is the tool we needed to modify the setup of our car, validating our design with the efficiency of a real-time solution. This is especially important, since for the 2011 competition we will be using a new 1.6l turbocharged engine, which will have significantly different characteristics to the 2.0l naturally aspirated engine we used before.”
“We are very excited about the collaboration with RML Motorsport” says Diego Minen, Technical Director of VI-grade. “We are looking forward to supporting the success of this important racing team that joins today the community of our customers belonging to the racing industry.”
The VI-MotorSport simulation environment will be used by the RML Motorsport engineering department as a complete virtual product development solution. In particular, VI-Driver will be used to maximize the performance of the racing cars on different circuits, whereas the VI-Animator GUI will support the monitoring phase of all racing channels during the on-track tests.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012