Focus on RF/Microwave, SoC and SiP Materials and Analysis.
CAEN, France — Following the announcement in 2010 of the opening of its new technical services Hub in Caen, France, integrating the acquired assets from NXP Semiconductors, Presto Engineering today announced its entry as an active member in the Laboratory of MIcroelectronics and Physics of Semiconductors "LaMIPS."
Created in 2007, the LaMIPS was originally a common research laboratory for NXP Semiconductors and the CRISMAT Laboratory (specialized in crystallography and materials science) – a University laboratory recognized internationally in the fields of the synthesis and characterization of materials. It was the successor to the “LaMIP”, which was established in 2000 to address the new challenges induced by the miniaturization of electronic components.
Today the LaMIPS works specifically on issues related to the adoption of new complex embedded systems, including the System-in-Package (SiP) and the Systems-on-Chip (SoC). Its research interests revolve around two themes:
* Materials for Microelectronics: innovative methods in characterization and analysis of microelectronic systems
* Characterization, modeling, design, Architecture and materials for RF and microwave.
These themes, in particular semiconductor materials, are consistent with the research and development roadmaps of Presto Engineering, whose core mission is to be constantly at the forefront of technologies driving its semiconductor services for testing, reliability, isolation of defects and failure analysis, known as "ITPE": Integrated Test & Product Engineering.
This type of partnership-linked through common laboratories allows Presto Engineering to deliver expertise on advanced components with high added value, particularly in the fields of RF and 3-D semiconductor technology.
Presto Engineering entering the LaMIPS has been endorsed by partners of origin, including NXP Semiconductors, the ENSICAEN, CNRS and the University of Caen Basse-Normandie. Like Presto Engineering, the LaMIPS is a partner of the poles of competitiveness MOV'EO and TES, as well as a number of major academic and industrial organizations.
Presto Engineering will be represented in the governance of the common laboratory by Jean-Noël Palazin, named Deputy Director, alongside Philippe Descamps from CRISMAT, Director, and Patrice Gamand, Deputy Director representing NXP.
Mr. Palazin, who has 33 years of experience in various leadership positions at Philips and NXP, and who was responsible for the creation of LaMIPS in 2007, continues to work with Presto Engineering as Advisor to the Directorate, responsible for external relations and partnerships.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012