PARTsolutions Shatters CAD Download Record with Nearly 50 Million in 2010, Proving CAD-Native 3D Product Catalogs are the De Facto Standard in Design and Engineering.
Milford, OH – PARTsolutions, LLC, a global provider of 3D part catalogs for manufacturers and enterprises, today announces a record number of CAD downloads in 2010. 48 million 3D CAD product models – or an average of 4 million per month – were downloaded by designers and engineers across the globe from a vast number of web properties enabled by PARTsolutions’ unique technology. Not only does this number mark a 27 percent increase in downloads over 2009, it also corresponds to a substantial amount of revenue in the global economy, resulting in the sale of more than $25 billion in supplier components last year.
“Clearly, a gigantic portion of industrial commerce is taking place online and being initiated with 3D product catalogs,” said Rob Zesch, President of PARTsolutions. “Our technology has rapidly become a core strategy for companies of all sizes to get their products selected, designed in and purchased, with 80 percent of design engineers indicating that multiple units will be purchased for production once downloaded.”
Designer Adoption Drives PARTsolutions Success
As a company, PARTsolutions experienced noteworthy growth in 2010, with companies of all sizes and industries leveraging PARTcatalog to host their configurable product catalogs on-line. New customers include Anderson Instrument Company, Bimba Manufacturing Company, DMS, Hub City, Mead Manufacturing, Milwaukee Cylinder, Milwaukee Valve, RWM Casters, Sheffer Corporation, the Linear Motion business unit of SKF Group, U.S. Tsubaki, TRD Manufacturing, Welker Engineered Products and others. The company’s continued growth reflects a significant shift in how standard parts are managed and procured, as well as how products are ultimately designed and engineered.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets