Latest release includes major improvements to import pipeline, model interaction, render speed. Support for many new file formats including AUTODESK Inventor®, SolidWorks® 2011, CATIA® v5, SketchUp® 8. Adds support for 3Dconnexion 3D mice.
Irvine, California - Luxion, a developer of advanced rendering and lighting technology and makers of KeyShot, the first realtime ray tracing and global illumination program, today announced the release of KeyShot 2.2 as a free upgrade to the groundbreaking KeyShot 2 application introduced last summer.
KeyShot 2.2 delivers many improvements to the import pipeline and model interaction in realtime that makes it even easier to create photographic images from 3D CAD models. KeyShot 2.2 also adds support for SolidWorks 2011®, Autodesk AutoCAD® and Inventor®, and CATIA® v5 and SketchUp 8.
“Version 2.2 is a huge improvement for all Keyshot users,” says Kevin Quigley, principal at Quigley Design, a provider of high-end product development services to many well renown manufacturers and a beta tester of this new version. “Not only does Keyshot 2.2 import SolidWorks 2011 and CATIA v5 files, but there are some great improvements made to other translators as well, with more options and faster import.”
Quigley has KeyShot fully integrated into his workflow. From early concepts to final marketing imagery, Kevin Quigley makes extensive use of KeyShot in every project. Speed for him is of the essence, not just as far as final renderings are concerned, but throughout the entire workflow.
“The new scene manager tree makes applying and editing materials much easier,” Quigley continues.”Combined with the new part highlighting it makes moving around and editing more complex models a simple task. Not only that but the render times continue to tumble! On some models I noticed a reduction of 50% in render times between 2.1 and 2.2.....and 2.1 was already fast! I won't be able to use the excuse ‘waiting for the render to finish’ anymore!"
KeyShot 2.2 improvements include:
Greatly enhanced import pipeline
• Preservation of model structure from CAD model including all subassemblies
• Preservation of part / layer names
• Separate material column
Improved interaction with objects in realtime
• Part outline in the realtime window
• Move multiple objects
• Significantly faster handling of large assemblies
• Ability to duplicate objects
• Support for SolidWorks 2011 and prior 32/64bit (PC only)
• Official support for CATIA v5
• Official support for Autodesk Inventor 2011 and prior
• Official support for DXF/DWG (AutoCAD)
• Support for SketchUp 8 and prior
Render speed improvements
• Advanced Materials with complex settings render now up to 15 times faster
Support for 3Dconnexion 3D mice
• All 3Dconnexion 3D mice are now supported by KeyShot
Foreign language support
• KeyShot 2.2 is available in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and
“KeyShot 2.2 is all about workflow improvements,” says Dr. Henrik Wann Jensen, Co-Founder and Chief Scientist at Luxion. “The improvements to the importers and the overall import pipeline makes the interoperability between KeyShot and the CAD systems even more seamless, resulting in even faster creation of amazing images from 3D data.”
KeyShot 2 is available for Mac and PC starting at $995. KeyShot 2.2 is a free upgrade to all existing KeyShot 2 customers.
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel